Friday, August 8, 2008

3 months (in a nutshell)

The past three months have almost been a blur. As you read in our greeting, Cam and I are new parents of boy/girl twins. They were born on April 29th, 2008 at 6:36 and 6:38 a.m. Dawson Cameron, weighed in at 6 lbs and was 19 inches long. Our healthy little girl, Rylan Michelle, weighed 5 lbs and 11 ozs, and was also 19 inches long. This week Dawson is up to 14lbs and 10 ozs and Rylan weighs in at 12lbs, 7.5 ozs. For the most part, they are on somewhat of a schedule but no, they are not sleeping through the night. (Oh, how I pray for the day!) Needless to say, they keep us on our toes. They are now responding to goofy noises and faces we make. Dawson is almost laughing and Rylan ooooh's. Cam and I are their source of entertainment, as are they to us, and we'll make ridiculous faces and noises for as long as we can get precious smiles and laughs out of them.

This past Sunday the babies were christened. The christening was held in the same church where Cam was christened and also in which we were married. Dawson and Rylan were on their best behavior and Rylan smiled and cooed to us all during the sermon. When Pastor Keith baptized them, Dawson let out a big laugh. I guess he thought it was bath time and the child does love his bath! Needless to say, they were a big hit with the congregation.

When Dawson and Rylan were born, we decided that I would stay home with them. I can honestly say I've never in my life had a more rewarding job. Not only do I have the privilege of being a full time Mom, but I get to witness every single development in their little personalities. I absolutely love being home with them and cherish every breath they take. Growing up, and before the babies were born, my parents told me, "you'll never know how much I love you until you have children of your own". Well Mom, Dad, I can now say without hesitation, it's true. The love I feel for them is unlike any I've ever known.

No comments: